Suvidya Prasarak Sangh’s (SPS) Suvidya Healthcare Academy (SHA) has started Two Years’ Diploma in Patient Care in association with Bharat Sevak Samaj. The formation of Suvidya Healthcare Academy was inspired by SPS President Dr Vasant Khatav and his wife Dr Vaishali Khatav and was spearheaded by SPS Chairman Mr Ranade,retired Head Master Mr Pawar and retired teacher Dr.Mrs. Swarna Koshti.
The diploma was started in July 2012. First student secured Diploma in June 2014 with distinction . Since then the number of admissions have grown significantly and in July 2015 & July 2016 the course had 20 & 41 admissions respectively. Following subjects are taught to the students for the Diploma.
Nursing Care – Ethics, First Aid, Care of the patients in different diseases of different faculties.
Practical training for the students is organized in association with the management of the following hospitals:
1) Narendra Hospital, Borivali (E)
2) Mangal Murti Hospital (Gorai, Charkop, Malvani)
3) Sai Pratik Nursing Home, Kandivali (W)
4) Saraswati Hospital (Charkop, Sahyadri Nagar)
5) Oscar Hospital, Kandivali (W)
6) Surabhi Life Care, Kandivali (W)
7) Sayali Hospital, Borivali (W),
8) Niramay Mother Care Centre, Borivali (W),
9) Omkar Hospital, Kandivali (W)
10) Dr.Khatav Mother and Child Hospital, Borivali (W)
11) Mehta Nursing Home, Borivali (E)
12) Mandapeshwar Nursing Home & ICU, Borivali (W)
13) Cristal Hospital (Shanti Van, Datta Pada)
14) Netra Jyoti Eyecare Centre, Borivali (W)
The students are paid stipend during the Practical Training.
Equipped with theoretical and practical knowledge of nursing at the end of the course, the students find it very easy to get jobs in the hospitals as there is a tremendous shortage of trained nurses.
Baburao Paranjape Nagar, Vazira Naka, Borivali (West), Mumbai– 400091.
SUVIDYA HEALTHCARE ACADEMY